Friday, May 25, 2012

264k

Bone Ride 2012
Photo by Ronsta

This past Wednesday I took part in a Wisconsin tradition for the first time, I rode the Bone Ride. It's an annual ride from Milwaukee to Madison and back. It works out to be 158 miles. Ron has done the ride before so he showed me the ropes and made sure I made it back in one piece. I was thankful to have a friend and teammate watching out for me. He, of course, did the whole thing on a single speed. Well, almost the whole thing, he hopped on the ride 17 miles in. I tacked on a few more miles by riding home from the starting point and ended up with 164 miles in 8 hours and 20 minutes. (Sorry, Ryan, no data this time because my computer somehow lost it.)

It was a beautiful day with a strong crosswind. Everyone was fighting for a draft which made a lot of the ride kind of sketchy. I am happy I did it though. It wrapped up my real long base rides for the year. In the past 14 weeks I had twelve 5 hour+ rides, a 4 hour ride, and a 3 1/2 hour ride. They have mostly been easy miles. I've never gotten a base in like that before so I am curious to see how this season goes. I start racing in 2 weeks!

4 comments:

  1. No data?! You know of course that a ride didn't happen without data. It's like people claiming an event occurred without a facebook post. Assuming it happened, sounds like a fun day. We'll have to plan an "epic" when I visit next. Btw, thanks for sending my books back. That Milwaukee beersoap was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, you are not suppose to eat that stuff. You are supposed to mix it with water and drink it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what's the first race for you this year? Levis?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scott, yeah, my first race will be Levis. Are we still on for Emma?

    ReplyDelete