Thursday, September 2, 2010

Goodbye Gun Show

With the close of August it is time to bid the Gun Show farewell for the year. It was humid and hard to breath but that didn't stop Joe from ripping off our legs for the majority of the ride. I found myself holding on to the back of the line often, just trying to stay with the group. But then we got into the hills.

I looked up through the pouring sweat only to see a painbow in the sky. So I hammered on the pedals and rode towards the ever distant arch, leaving what I had left for the Gun Show on the streets of Waukesha. Thinking "If I can just get to that painbow I can let up."And for once, because they all raced last weekend and I didn't, I was able to dish out a little pain to the other guys on some of the hills.

From there on out the painbow remained in my sight, taunting me to try and reach its destination, but it never got any closer. I guess that is the painbow's trick. Cx starts soon, where I am sure I will often see a double painbow all the way 'cross the sky:


No comments:

Post a Comment