Monday, February 14, 2011

Last day of skiing?

The snow has been melting rapidly over the last two days and it looks like more of the same for the rest of the week. Upon the advice of seasoned skiers and the weather forecast I tried to make the most out of last Saturday. Ronsta and I got to McMiller for a couple of hours after a great breakfast at Cafe de Arts. I only had one crash! (Okay two, but the second doesn't count because I basically did it on purpose)
McMiller
photo courtesy of Ronsta
Then I got home in time to pick up Lauren to go meet Eric and Jen at Whitnall for another 45 minutes of skiing. For what was her 4th time and probably our last time this year Lauren really did great!

While I have enjoyed picking up cross country skiing this year, the ride over to the office in the sun today has me yearning for spring. Time to get the bikes ready!

3 comments:

  1. That was a good day! I bet we'll get hit with snow once more in the next month though..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know it will snow again. If remember correctly, the first WEMS race in May was postponed due to snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good out there guys ! NO MORE SNOW>>>> lets ride some bikes ! Marc lets compare WEMS lineup for some carpool possibilites

    ReplyDelete