Monday, January 25, 2010

Short STL Trip

About a month ago I decided that a trip to STL was in order to visit friends and ride. I thought that going in the end of January would at worst be super cold, at least for STL. What I didn't expect was to basically get rained out.

The trip down had its own excitement as I battled freezing rain and then dense fog throughout IL. It put me about an hour and a half behind schedule. Once I got there though I found Matt, Matt, Eddie, Mike, and later Greg waiting for me. Coarch had some braquitos grilling up and thus we relieved days past while watching Lawman on A&E.

The next day we rode, despite the mid 30's temp and rain. We had big plans but the ride was cut short due to miserable conditions, only getting in about 2 hours. The rest of the day was spent hanging out with friends and stuffing my face with local food. I was on the road bright and early the next day, tired, but glad that I went. I only got one work email the entire visit! Sorry, no pictures. I forgot my charger and so I was saving battery power.

No comments:

Post a Comment