Monday, January 18, 2010

Sunday Night Ride

I've been able to get some good time in on the winter bike lately. I have to say that the studded tires give me a lot of confidence to go out and ride. I haven't broken free and fallen yet on them, something which was happening at least once a ride before I got them.

I was traveling south on Sunday, following the Oak Leaf trail, when I saw a packed snow trail in Grant Park. I hopped on it. It took me right along the lake shore bluff. Check out these blurry shots.


It's hard to tell, but that is a long way to the bottom. I ended up having about three quarters of my ride be after dark and I hit these same trails on the way back. I was cautious to say the least. I also opted for a few routes that avoided some of the diciest parts.

Looks like I'm heading to St. Louis this week to ride and hang with some friends. Should be fun, even if it does rain a little. If you are around MKE, get out and ride. The trails are packed down and a lot of fun. Anyone have a report on the Southern Kettles?

No comments:

Post a Comment