Monday, January 17, 2011

Fat Enduro Cheese

Saturday was both fun and busy. In the morning I headed out to John Muir for the Fat Track Snow Enduro. There was a great turnout, 25 teams with 3 people. Team captains (had to have a fat bike, Pugsley etc.,) choose teams sand lot style. We took turns on the same bike. I ended up on a team with Russell and DJonnyMac. It was my first time on a Pugsley and it was fun.

Here are some photos of the derby for picking order.
snow track
snow track

The first rider had to run to the bike with the front wheel and put it on, whilst being pelted by snow balls. One fellow's bike was found in a tree after a few hints.
snow track

I ended up spending some 6 hours in the 20degree temps, and had a great time doing it. Then it was time to head home to get ready for the Cheese Bar.

The Cheese Bar did not disappoint. So if you didn't come because you were like "eh, it's downtown, or the Packer game starts at the same time, or I have to wash my hair, or I'm lactose intolerant (okay that last one is legit)" Just come check it out next time. Lauren should have some photos up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment