Wednesday, February 10, 2010

River Trails not quite ridable

This was the scene on Tuesday. The snow was flying and it was in the low 20's. A perfect time to ride. The River Trails have been unusable because of January's weather, leaving them a mixture of shear off-camber ice and mud. I thought that with the 4 or 5 inches of fresh snow they would be ridable.

Andy, Ian, Brandon, Layla(the pup) and I headed out for a snowy adventure. Brandon had just gotten back from visiting his home country, Oregon, for 2 months. This was his first real snow ride ever. I wish the trails had been in better shape for that reason alone.

We rode about a mile of trail and decided it was too frustrating to pursue any further, so we hopped onto the Oak Leaf trail. Andy and Layla turned back after a while and the rest of us tooled around the city for another hour or so. It was a lot of fun, at least for me, seeing how this was my first non-solo ride since I went to STL almost a month ago. Hopefully, I can match up my schedule better with the guys around here in the coming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment