Thursday, April 1, 2010

Opening Day: Southern Kettles


I was able to ride the kettles today. I had to ride by myself because everyone else had to work the day, well I was mostly be myself, I was accompanied by a squeaky seatpost/saddle issue that voiced itself every peddle stroke in the saddle.

When I got there I was the 4th car in the parking lot, by the time I left there were at least 20 cars. The trails are in pretty good shape, except for the deadfall. The Muir and Emma weren't too bad, but there are parts of the new connector area that just sucked; lots of thorn branches. The new section of orange is pretty cool, once it gets packed down it will make for a challenging fun climb.

Somehow I lost a rotor bolt on the Emma, so I rode the rest of the day only using my front brake. Which was okay because I wasn't flying anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment